Est Vest Services Ltd has a zero tolerance approach to modern slavery and is committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all of its business dealings and relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure that modern slavery and human trafficking are not taking place anywhere within either its own business or in any of its supply chains.
Est Vest Services Ltd operates as an employment business, predominantly sourcing and supplying both skilled and unskilled staff for the food manufacturing/producing and fast moving consumer groups (FMCG) sectors. We are aware of the potential for being targeted by traffickers and unlicensed gangmasters. Our own processes around candidate engagement ensure our employees are alert to the signs of exploitation, in order that we may take the necessary action promptly and effectively should it be identified.
Est Vest Services Ltd accepts that it has a responsibility through its due diligence processes to ensure that workers are not being exploited, that they are safe and that relevant employment, health and safety and human rights laws and standards are being adhered to, including freedom of movement and communications
Our Policy on Slavery and Human Trafficking
- Est Vest Services Ltd is committed to ensuring that we take all reasonable steps to ensure that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking within our business
- Workers are free to choose to work for their employer and to leave their employment upon reasonable notice.
- All workers will be provided with a clear contract of employment, which complies with local legislation and is provided in their native language
- All workers will be treated in a fair and equal manner and with dignity and respect
- Any form of discrimination, victimisation or harassment on the grounds of marital or civil partnership status, sex (including gender reassignment), race (including colour, ethnic and national origin, nationality) disability, sexual orientation, having or not having dependents, religious belief or political opinion, age, trade union activity and offending background will be prohibited
- All applicable laws and industry standards on employee wages, benefits, working hours and minimum age will be adhered to in all countries of operation. Workers will be paid at least the National Minimum Wage
- No child labour will be used
- No young persons under the age of 18 will be used to work at night or for any hazardous work and their employment should not harm the young person’s education, health or physical, mental, moral or social development
As a staffing provider, all workers who register with Est Vest Services Ltd are interviewed personally by a member of our team and their identification and right to work in the UK documentation is inspected and photocopied. In order to protect the integrity of our processes, we expect our suppliers and potential suppliers to aim for high ethical standards and to operate in an ethical, legally compliant and professional manner and we will only use pre-approved sub-contractors who have met our strict audit checks.
- All prospective new workers are interviewed in person, with questions specifically targeted to try and identify whether they are subject to any form of modern slavery
- We operate a policy of workers only being able to have their wages paid into a bank account that is in their name.
- All staff responsible for recruiting and sourcing workers are trained and required to sign up to a new set of recruiter compliance principles that govern their methods of recruiting new staff
- Est Vest Services Ltd is an accredited business partner of Stronger Together and maintains the high standards of operation required to meet the business partner requirements
- Leaflets and posters on tackling hidden labour exploitation are issued to workers and displayed on client sites (where permitted)
- Workers are provided with details of who to contact in respect of any concerns they may have in relation to modern slavery
- Est Vest Services Ltd have retained the services of an independent consultant who is an ex-GLAA investigating officer and accredited Lead Auditor to SA8000 standards to conduct internal audits of our policies/processes and procedures to ensure that our high standards continue to be met. These audits have been conducted against GLAA standards and ETI base code.
- As part of our internal audits, worker interviews are conducted with randomly selected workers to help detect any issues in relation to modern slavery
Any workers supplied by Est Vest Services Ltd are provided with an induction either
by Est Vest Services Ltd or the client which includes information on the sources of help should they, or their colleagues/friends be concerned about Modern Slavery.
All employees/consultants of Est Vest Services Ltd will attend Stronger Together Training to educate them about Modern Slavery and spotting the potential signs of Modern Slavery.
We aim to encourage openness and have set up a whistleblowing hotline for workers who can raise any concerns. Full details of the policy are contained in the worker handbook which is available on the company website.
We will support anyone who raises a genuine concern and ensure that they receive the appropriate support required.
As a GLAA licence holder, we are committed to sharing any concerns with the appropriate public bodies if we identify any issues surrounding Modern Slavery.
Communication and awareness of this policy
Our zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery will be communicated to all suppliers, contractors and business partners at the outset of our business relationship with them and reinforced as appropriate thereafter.
Following its initial adoption, this Modern Slavery Policy will be reviewed by the Company Directors on a regular basis (at least annually) and may be amended from time to time.
This statement is made pursuant to Section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes Est Vest Services Ltd Modern Slavery Statement for the financial year 2019/2020.